Friday, December 8, 2006

Swisspot - Stowe, VT

Man O man...I haven't been this disappointed since I missed the last tray of extra cookies handed out in my senior year of high school. That was 30 years ago - ugh. Our reservations were for 7pm. We ordered by 7:10, our food arrived promptly at 8:10. That's right 1 hour later - ugh. And, it's a fondue eatery where the bulk of the food is cooked by you at your table, so yes the shrimp was raw, the bread needed to be dipped in the cheese fondue.

The quality of the food was in question. The bread had obviously been cut up for hours - understandable for a resturant. But for crying out loud, couldn't you have at least kept it in plastic to resemble some order of freshness.

There were 7 tables of patrons. 5 had 2 people each, ours had 4, and the other had 16. A large party can throw off a small amount of servers/cooks. There were 3 servers and 3 cooks. Six people to prepare and serve meals for 30 people. I wish my family gatherings were that small and were so simple as to be bread dipped in cheese. I'm one person and can single handedly prepare and serve meals for in excess of 30 people - even if there are differing tastes.

We went there because it was under new mangement and my husband really likes fondue. We won't go back.

No comments: